“Good morning, Clubbers!
It’s time for another Classics Spin for any who are interested. What is the spin?
It’s easy. At your blog, by next Monday, May 20, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list – in a separate post.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in May & June. (Details follow.) So, try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favourite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
Next Monday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by July 1. We’ll have a check in post for July, to see who made it the whole way and finished the spin book”
I wasn’t able to take part in the first Classic Club Spin and I really felt like I missed out, so this time I was determined to make time for it. Here is my Spin List:
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
- War of the Worlds by H G Wells
- The Time Machine H G Wells
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
- The Railway Children by E Nesbit
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Purple = Classics I can’t wait to read.
Read = Classics I am hesitant to read.
Blue = Classics I’m neutral about.
Green = Classics I don’t own a copy of yet.
I am rather nervous and excited about which book I will end up reading! Wish me luck!
Are you taking part in the Classics Club Spin #2?