“Good morning, Clubbers!
It’s time for another Classics Spin for any who are interested. What is the spin?
It’s easy. At your blog, by next Monday, Aug 19, list your choice of any twenty books you’ve left to read from your Classics Club list – in a separate post.
This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in August & September. (Details follow.) So, try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favourite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
Next Monday, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by October 1. We’ll have a check in when October arrives, to see who made it the whole way and finished the spin book”
I wasn’t able to take part in the first Classic Club Spin but I was able to take part in the second spin. My choice was Bleak House by Charles Dickens. While I didn’t quite finish Bleak House on time to post about it on the 1st July I did really enjoy reading it. Since then I have been eagerly awaiting the next spin and it has arrived! I have used my list from last time to which I have made some minor alterations to replace those books now read. Here is my Spin List:
His Last Bow by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The Tenant of Wildfel Hall – Anne Brontë
- The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
- War of the Worlds by H G Wells
- The Time Machine H G Wells
- The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
- The Railway Children by E Nesbit
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Purple = Classics I can’t wait to read.
Red = Classics I am hesitant to read.
Blue = Classics I’m neutral about.
Green = Classics I don’t own a copy of yet.
I am again rather nervous and excited about which book I will end up reading! Wish me luck! I will post an update with the results on Monday.
Are you taking part in the Classics Club Spin?