Hello my fellow bookworms, Happy New Year! It is time to say goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016. Let’s end the year with a few reading stats:
Books Read: 62 New Reads: 57 Re-Reads: 5
Fiction: 41 Non-Fiction: 21 Poetry: 0
In 2014 I finished 56 books so I am up this year! The lack of studying and coursework, and a steady job have definitely helped. I also managed to up my re-read and non-fiction reading. Now for some fun meme categories to help me reflect on what I’ve been reading in 2015:
- Best Fiction – Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier and Inferno by Dan Brown.
- Best Non-Fiction – Elizabeth I and Her Circle by Susan Doran.
- Best Classic – The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Best Re-Read – The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien, although Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett was a worthy runner-up.
- Best Series You Discovered – Divergent by Veronica Roth, the All Souls trilogy by Deborah Harkness, and Beyond the Tales by Cheryl Mahoney.
- Favourite New-To-Me Authors – Frances Hodgson Burnett, Cheryl Mahoney, Edith Nesbit, Jessie Burton, Veronica Roth and Susan Doran.
- Most Memorable Character – The honest and loyal Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien.
- Most Read Genre – Fantasy (17) and Classics/Modern Classics (16).
- Multiple Reads of an Author – Mark Black (3), Devin Brown (2), Arthur Conan Doyle (3), Susanna Kearsley (2), Cheryl Mahoney (2), Terry Pratchett (2), Veronica Roth (3), J R R Tolkien (3).
- Ambitions for 2016: I hope to continue to make good progress through my Classics Club list, as I will be going into my final year! I would also like to continue to make time for re-reads and favourite authors.
Coming up I have some more in-depth posts looking into my favourite books and adaptations of 2015.
How was 2015 for you? What are your aims for 2016?