Yay, my fellow clubbers the 13th Classics Club Spin has arrived! I sadly missed the last one so I’ve been waiting a long time for this. If you’re new to the Spin all you have to do is make a list of 20 books, you still have to read off your Classics Club list. Then a random number will be generated and you are challenged to read the book that corresponds with that number; in the next 2 months.
My list for the 13th Classics Club Spin:
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
- Villette by Charlotte Brontë
- This Side of Paradise by F Scott Fitzgerald
- The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
- The Time Machine by H G Wells
- The Tenant of Wildfel Hall by Anne Brontë
- My Lady Ludlow by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Mr Harrison’s Confessions by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Sign of the Four by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Man in the Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- War of the Worlds by H G Wells
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
I have made my list not only from books I still need to read off my list but also books I already own a copy of too. My list is not dramatically different to the last time I took part, all I’ve done is to make a few additions to replace those books I have read since then. These are all books I want to read however I would be particularly pleased if I got: The Man in the Iron Mask, The Tenant of Wildfel Hall or The Sign of the Four. The number will be announced on Monday 6th June 2016. Wish me luck!
Have you read anything on my list? Are you taking part in this Spin?