Hello my fellow bookworms, it is time to say goodbye to 2016 and hello to 2017, and what better way to do that than with a few reading stats:
Books Read: 55 New Reads: 51 Re-Reads: 4
Fiction: 43 Non-Fiction: 12
In 2015 I finished 62 books so I am down this year. This might be because while my fiction reading is pretty much like for like my non-fiction reading has almost halved. However, I am still very pleased with the amount and the quality of books I read. Now for some fun meme categories to help me reflect on what I’ve been reading in 2016:
- Best Fiction – A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin
- Best Non-Fiction – The Romanovs by Virginia Cowles
- Best Classic – Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Best Re-Read – The Screwtape Letters by C S Lewis
- Best Series You Discovered – Psammead by Edith Nesbit, Echo of the Ascended by Mark Gelineau and Joe King and Wendy Darling by Colleen Oakes.
- Favourite New-To-Me Authors – Margaret Skea and Elizabeth Gaskell.
- Most Memorable Character – The clever and hilarious Mark Watney from The Martian by Andy Weir.
- Most Read Genre – Fantasy (18), Classics (12), Mystery (10) and Historical Fiction (6)
- Multiple Reads of an Author – M. C. Beaton (2), Elizabeth Gaskell (2), Mark Gelineau & Joe King (4), Deborah Harkness (2), Edith Nesbit (3), Colleen Oakes (2), Stormie Omartian (2), Gervase Phinn (2), Margaret Skea (2)
- Ambitions for 2017 – I would really like to make more time for re-reading old favourites and reading new books by favourite authors.
What did you read in 2016? Any ambitions for 2017?