Hello my fellow bookworms, I am so pleased to share that I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Shameeka’s Fictional World; thank you Shameeka! The rules to take part are simple:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
- Share 7-15 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 9-15 bloggers you admire and contact them.
10 Facts About Me:
- If you read this blog regularly you will know I love to read, but you may not know that this is actually my eighth year blogging here about books.
- My favourite genres to read are: fantasy, historical fiction and mystery.
- Some of my favourite authors are: JRR Tolkien, Jane Austen, CS Lewis, Daphne du Maurier, Terry Pratchett, Susanna Kearsley and Charles Dickens.
- My favourite place to read is snuggled up in a blanket with a mug of tea (preferably peppermint or camomile); even better if my cat Bonnie comes to snuggle with me.
- As well as reading, I love to watch adaptations of said books which I discuss in monthly posts.
- I also have a new-found love of cooking and cookbooks, so I have also started doing monthly posts for that too.
- I particularly enjoy cooking and eating large, comforting one-pot dishes like stews, soups, casseroles and curry…especially curry!
- Outside of blogging, I work one-to-one with children that have special educational needs in a primary school.
- My other hobbies are: watching television and films; going to the cinema and theatre; and dancing: I have been a member of a local belly dance group for about 7 years.
- Finally, but certainly not least, I am a practicing Christian and an active member of my local church. I recently led my first Holy Communion service! However you will usually find me with my hand up a puppet in the kid’s club.
- Jane – Beyond Eden Rock
- Margaret – BooksPlease
- Lory – The Emerald City
- FictionFan – FictionFan’s Book Reviews
- Lynn – Lynn’s Book Blog
- Helen – She Reads Novels
- Cheryl – Tales of the Marvelous
- Jo – The Book Jotter
- Charlie – The Worm Hole
I have decided not to contact each nomination personally, because I have done this award several times over the years, as I am sure others have too, so I don’t want anyone to feel pressured to join in again. If you do join in, great! If you don’t that’s fine too – I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your wonderful writing and I want others to know about you too.