Happy New Year! Now it is time to say goodbye to 2017 and hello to 2018, I am going to round off my reflection on my reading year with a few statistics:
Books Read: 51 New Reads: 46 Re-Reads: 5
Fiction: 34 Non-Fiction: 17
In 2016 I finished 55 books so I am only a little behind that in 2017, and with my non-fiction and re-read amounts both being up, as I hoped, I am overall really pleased with the amount and the quality of books I have read over the year. Now for some fun meme categories to help me reflect on 2017 and look forward to 2018:
- Best Fiction – My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier.
- Best Non-Fiction – Fingers in the Sparkle Jar by Chris Packham.
- Best Classic – A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
- Best Short Story Collection – Sandlands by Rosy Thornton.
- Best Re-Read – The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman.
- Best Series You Discovered – Cousins’ War series by Philippa Gregory and Chronicles of St Mary’s by Jodi Taylor.
- Favourite New-To-Me Authors – Rosy Thornton and Geoffrey Trease.
- Most Memorable Character – Good old Agatha from M C Beaton’s long-running, cosy-crime series, Agatha Raisin.
- Most Read Genre – Fantasy/Science Fiction (14), Mystery (8), Historical Fiction (7) and Classics (6).
- Multiple Reads of an Author: Mark Black (4), M C Beaton (3), Elizabeth Gaskell (2), Mark Gelineau & Joe King (2), John A. Heldt (2), Cheryl Mahoney (2) and Philip Pullman (2).
- Ambitions for 2018 – I would like to continue to make more time for non-fiction and re-reading old favourites, as well as reading more new-to-me books by my favourite authors.
That completes my reflection on 2017, which also consisted of My Top 10 Books of 2017 and My Top 10 Adaptations of 2017, so please do check those out too if you haven’t already. Later this week I hope to have up my end of month posts for books read and adaptations watched in December too.
What did you read and love in 2017? Any ambitions or plans for your reading in 2018?