Hello bookworms, I’m pleased to announce it’s time for The Classic Club’s 21st Spin! To join in simply list any 20 books that remain on your Classics Club list before Monday, 23rd September 2019. On that day, the club will announce the winning number and then all you have to do is read the corresponding book by Thursday, 31st October 2019. Here is my list:
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen
- The Watsons by Jane Austen
- Sanditon by Jane Austen
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Persuasion by Jane Austen [re-read]
- The Marvellous Land of Oz by Frank L Baum
- Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
- The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
- A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
- Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy [re-read]
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Black Corsair by Emilio Salgari
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Heidi by Johann Spyri
- War of the Worlds by H G Wells
I haven’t dramatically changed my list from the last Spin. Instead my only change was to separate Lady Susan, The Watsons and Sanditon by Jane Austen into their own entries, as I think it will be better to read and review them separately; like I did Charles Dickens’ The Cranford Chronicles. A change which also neatly replaced the books I have read from the list since the previous Spin.
Come back next Monday to discover what the result is. Wish me luck and bye for now!
Before you go, tell me if you are taking part in the Spin too? Or what book do you think would be good for me to get?