Hello my fellow bookworms, I’m pleased to announce it’s time for The Classic Club’s 22nd Spin! To join in simply list any 20 books that remain on your Classics Club list before Sunday, 22nd December 2019. On that day, the club will announce the winning number and then all you have to do is read the corresponding book by Friday, 31st January 2020. Here is my list:
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen
- The Watsons by Jane Austen
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen [re-read]
- The Marvellous Land of Oz by Frank L Baum
- Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
- The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
- A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens [re-read]
- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
- Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy [re-read]
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Black Corsair by Emilio Salgari
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott [Re-Read]
- Heidi by Johann Spyri
I haven’t dramatically changed anything – Instead my only changes are the replacements for the books I have read from the list since the last Spin. The books chosen to fill in the gaps are all re-reads, which along with the short, children’s classics already on my list, I hope will help bump my numbers up.
Come back next Monday to discover what the result is. Wish me luck and bye for now!
I’d love to hear what you think: Off my list what book do you think would be good for me to get? If you are taking part in the Spin too please link in your post in the comments below, so I can come check out your list too.