Good morning, fellow bookworms. We have reached Tuesday and that can only mean one thing: it is time for Top Ten Tuesday! A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, who each week assigns a new topic to inspires us to create a top ten list based on it. This week’s topic is:
Ten Signs You’re a Book Lover (basically, people know you’re a book lover because… i.e., you’re always carrying a book or two, your library card broke from overuse, etc.)
This is not an exhaustive list and I am sure there are other signs too, but here are the top ten signs that I think mean you are a book lover:
1. You’re Never Without a Book – When you head out, where ever you’re going, there is a book tucked in your bag or uploaded to your chosen reading device.
2. You Stay Up Late into the Night Reading – Sometimes a book is just so good/gripping that you find yourself reading long into the night/into the wee hours of the morning!
3. You Check Out Other People’s Bookshelves When You’re Over – You’re friend leaves you for just 5 seconds and they return to find you absorbed in their literary collection.
4. You’re That Friend Who Gives Books as Presents – Many of my friends and family thankfully like to read, though not as much as me, but I will make them read more!
5. You Turn Down Plans to Finish a Good Book – Oh you know you’ve done it! A work colleague or friend asks if you want to go for a drink after work and you’ve had to make a polite excuse…
6. You Own More Than One Bookshelf – I now have three bookshelves… and they are starting to look rather full!
7. You Have a Large Bookmark Collection – Most likely, if you’re like me, you will have an unnecessarily amount of bookmarks. I have more than I could possibly use!
8. You Have Strong Feelings About Writing in Books – Like Marmite: you either love it or hate it. I hate it!
9. You Get Too Emotionally Invested in Book Characters – I’ve been known to keep reading until I know a character is okay, because I wouldn’t be able to sleep otherwise!
10. You Love Sniffing Books – Don’t pretend you don’t! Whether it’s that musty old, well loved smell or that fresh, crisp new smell, we all do it when no one’s looking.
Now over to you: Do you agree with my book lover signs? Do you have any other signs that you think make you a book lover?
Also if you have taken part in this week’s TTT topic, too, then please leave a link for your post in the comments below, so I can come check it out.