Hello my fellow bookworms, I’m pleased to announce it’s time for The Classic Club’s 23rd Spin! To join in simply list any 20 books that remain on your Classics Club list before Sunday, 19th April 2020. On that day, the club will announce the winning number and then all you have to do is read the corresponding book by Monday, 1st June 2020. Here is my list:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
- The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
- A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens [re-read]
- The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling
- The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Black Corsair by Emilio Salgari
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott [Re-Read]
- Heidi by Johann Spyri
- The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
- The Island of Doctor Moreau by H. G. Wells
As per usual, I haven’t dramatically changed anything – I have just replaced the books I have read from the list since the last Spin. Two of the books chosen to fill in the gaps are two more re-reads of Jane Austen and two more H. G. Well’s novel, which I hope, along with the other shorter classics and re-reads already on my list, will help bump my numbers up.
Come back this Sunday to discover what the result is. Wish me luck and bye for now!
Now over to you: Off my list what book do you think would be good for me to get? If you are also planning to take part in the Spin, please link in your post in the comments below, so I can come check out your list, too.