Hello my fellow bookworms, the sun is shining and I am here to announce that Cathy’s 20 Books of Summer reading challenge (with the option of 15 or 10 book levels too) has… begun! 🎉 As usual I am aiming for the lower goal of 10 books and here are those books I am hoping to read:
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel – Historical-Fiction
- The Testament of Loki by Joanne M Harris – Fantasy
- The Black Corsair by Emilio Salgari – Classic Adventure
- The Phantom Tree by Nicola Cornick – Dual-Narrative, Historical-Fiction
- S5 Uncovered by James Durose-Rayner – Crime, Thriller
- Madam, Will You Talk? by Mary Stewart – Romantic Suspense
- Kim by Rudyard Kipling – Classic Adventure
- The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor – Historical-Fiction
- The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley – Dual-Narrative, Historical-Romance
- Katharina by Margaret Skea – Historical-Fiction
- Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham by M.C. Beaton – Cosy-Crime
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne – Classic Adventure
But Jessica, I hear you cry, that is 12 books?! Well I am giving myself two extra books for a bit of wiggle room, in case I don’t end up in the mood for something listed, so the end goal is still to read 10 books from this list.
Finally, the challenge runs from Monday, 1st June (yesterday) to Tuesday, 1st September 2020, so just after that I will check back in with you all to discuss what I manage to read! Happy summer reading everyone! 😎
Now over to you: What books do you plan to read this summer? Are there any of these books you think I should read first?
Also if you’re taking part in this challenge, then please link in your own sign-up post in the comments below, so I come check out your lists, too!