Hello my fellow bookworms. Today, I am taking part in this week’s Top Ten Tuesday! A weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, who each week assigns a new topic to inspires us to create a top ten list based on it. This week’s topic is:
Books on My Summer 2020 TBR (or winter if you’re in the southern hemisphere)
There are many wonderful books awaiting me on my bookshelf and Kindle, however here are ten books (mostly off my list for the 10 Books of Summer Reading Challenge) I am really hoping to get to over the warmer months of June, July and August:
1. Agatha Raisin and the Wizard of Evesham by M.C. Beaton – The next book for me from Beaton’s long-running, cosy-crime series.
2. Wholeness by Christy Wimber – A Christian non-fiction, which is the next read for my church’s book club.
3. The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley – A dual-narrative, historical-romance from one of my favourite authors.
4. Kim by Rudyard Kipling – A classic adventure off my Classics Club II list.
5. The Phantom Tree by Nicola Cornick – Another dual-narrative, historical-fiction from a new-to-me author, that I’ve heard good things about.
6. Madam, Will You Talk? by Mary Stewart – The first of Stewart’s romantic suspense novels to be published.
7. The Cottingley Secret by Hazel Gaynor – An historical-fiction that retells the events of the “Cottingley Fairies”.
8. The Testament of Loki by Joanne M. Harris – Another book from Harris’ refreshing, re-imagining of the Norse Gods and legends series.
9. Katharina by Margaret Skea – The first book in a new historical-fiction series from my favourite, modern Christian novelists.
10. S5 Uncovered by James Durose-Rayner – A crime, thriller based around a series of true events exposed in the BBC’s Panorama programme.
Now over to you: Have you read any of these? Are there any you think I should read first? What books do you hope to read this summer?
Also if you have taken part in this week’s TTT topic, too, then please leave a link for your post in the comments below, so I come check it out too.