Hello fellow bookworms, sorry this post comes to you rather late, but life has been rather chaotic and tiring over the last couple of weeks: with my isolation, return to work and anxiety spike, and now a new lockdown! 🙁 During all that madness the end of October and the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XV reading event quietly passed me by! Now let’s go back and see what spooky reading we did:
- The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley – Supernatural, Suspense ⭐⭐⭐
I am a little sad I only managed to read one book for R.I.P this year, however what a great book it was! Now let’s have a peek from behind the cushion at the spooky viewing we did:
- Ghost (1990) – Supernatural Thriller ⭐⭐
- Se7en (1995) – Serial-Killer Thriller ⭐⭐⭐
- Des (2020) – Chilling Mystery/Suspense ⭐⭐⭐
- Criminal: UK (Season 1&2) – Fascinating Mystery/Suspense ⭐⭐⭐
- Hubie Halloween (2020) – Comedy Horror ⭐⭐
- The Addams Family (1991) – Comedy Horror ⭐⭐
- The Addams Family Values (1993) – Comedy Horror ⭐⭐
That is a ghoulishly good amount of viewing – If I do say so myself! And a nice mixture of new releases and comforting re-watches on the lead up to and over the Halloween period.
So that’s another R.I.P over and while not my best year, I am not going to be hard on myself, because let’s face it this has been a pretty darn weird autumn/year, with the ‘pandemic-that-shall-not-be-named’ going on. Therefore I am just pleased to have enjoyed some good health, books and shows. I look forward to taking part again next year! 👋📚👻
Now over to you: What do you think of what I’ve read and watched? Did you take part in the R.I.P event too? Have you been reading or watching anything spooky?