Hello my fellow bookworms, I am here to announce that this time next week will be the start of Cathy’s brilliant 20 Books of Summer Reading Challenge 2021 (with the option of 15 or 10 book levels too). As usual I am aiming for the lower goal of 10 books and here are those books I am hoping to read:
- S5 Uncovered by James Durose-Rayner – Crime, Thriller
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas – Classics
- Eragon by Christopher Paolini [re-read] – Fantasy
- A Tapestry of Treason by Anne O’Brien – Historical-Fiction
- The Queen of the Caribbean by Emilio Salgari – Classics
- Thunder on the Right by Mary Stewart – Mystery
- Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett – Fantasy
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery – Classics
- The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis – Christian Non-Fiction
- The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley [re-read] – Time-Travelling Romance
I think there is a good variety here to keep me interested and to suit whatever mood I might find myself in throughout the challenge, however I am also going to keep my list open to change/replacements in case I am not enjoying one of the books or not in the right mood.
Finally, the challenge runs from Tuesday, 1st June 2021 to Wednesday, 1st September 2021, so just after that I will check back in with you all to discuss what I manage to read! Happy summer reading everyone! 😎
Now over to you: What books do you plan to read this summer? What do you think of my list? Are there any of these books you think I should read first? Also please link in your own posts for this challenge, so I can check out your lists!