Hello my fellow bookworms, I am excited to announce it’s time for The Classic Club’s 28th Spin! To join in simply list any 20 books that remain on your Classics Club list before Sunday, 17th October 2021. Then the club will announce the randomly selected number and all you have to do is read the corresponding book by Sunday, 12th December 2021. Here is my list:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen [re-read]
- Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
- Villette by Charlotte Brontë
- Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
- Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens [re-read]
- Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
- The Black Tulip by Alexandre Dumas
- A Passage to India by E. M. Forster
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
- King Solomon’s Mine by H. Ryder Haggard
- The Queen of the Caribbean by Emilio Salgari
- Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
- Heidi by Johann Spyri
- The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne
- The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
- The Island of Doctor Moreau by H. G. Wells
Since the last Spin, I have pretty much kept my list the same, just replacing those books I have read/started since then. My result from last time was the science-fiction adventure, A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs, which I had really good fun reading.
As for this spin, I have only just finished the weighty The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, so it would be nice to get one of my shorter options, or it would be fun to get something suitably atmospheric for the R.I.P. reading event. So wish me luck and come back soon to discover what my result is this time!
Now over to you: Have you read any of the books on my list? Are you planning to take part in this event too?