Hello my fellow bookworms, it is Tuesday but as this week’s Top Ten Tuesday topic didn’t suit me, I am instead bringing you The Sunshine Blogger Award, which is an award given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. So thank you so much to Just_Me 🙂 for my nomination.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write for them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are my answers to Just_Me :)’s 11 questions for me:
1. What attracts you to a book?
Several things attract me to a book. I might be attracted by an intriguing synopsis and/or by the book being one of my favourite genres. I am also often attracted to books written by a favourite author; books from a series I am enjoying, or simply by a pretty cover.
2. What genres do you love to read about?
My favourite genres are Fantasy, Historical-Fiction, Mystery, Crime-Fiction and Christian Non-Fiction.
3. Paperback or Kindle?
I read paperbacks and on my Kindle, because I love the convenience of my Kindle, but there is still something special about reading a real book.
4. Your perfect reading spot.
In summer, my perfect spot to read is in my garden or around the pool on holiday. Now we’re moving into colder months, I love to snuggle up in a blanket on the sofa or in bed to read.
5. Your perfect company while reading.
The only company I would like is my cat – preferably curled up on my lap, but sadly that is a very rare event for me!
6. Your all-time favourite book character.
Ooo this is a toughie! I think however it has to be the loyal, brave and steadfast hobbit, Samwise Gamgee from Tolkien’s epic The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
7. What movie adaptation do you think was better than the book itself?
That would have to be Stardust (2007). I watched the hilarious film first at a special viewing that saw me getting a free drink, snack and copy of book by Neil Gaiman. Sadly when I read the book after, I thought it was darker, less fun and rather disappointing.
8. What do you think of classics?
I absolutely love classic – hence why I am now on my second list for The Classics Club.
9. A popular book you dislike.
I’m not sure I would go as far as saying dislike, but I was sorely disappointed with Charlotte Brontë’s much-loved, gothic classic, Jane Eyre. To be more specific I found Jane’s extreme self-deprecation really annoying.
10. What is your favourite book quote?
“And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.”
– J. R. R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
11. Recommend one book you want me to read.
Just_Me 🙂 as you showed an interest in Mary Stewart, I would recommend either The Gabriel Hounds or Wildfire at Midnight, two of my favourites of her wonderful modern, suspense classics.
Now here are my 11 nominations:
- Jane – Beyond Eden Rock
- FF – FictionFan’s Book Reviews
- Judy – Keep The Wisdom
- Lynn – Lynn’s Book Blog
- Nikki – Notes of Life
- Helen – She Reads Novels
- Carmen – Carmen’s Books and Movies Reviews
- Lory – The Emerald City Book Review
- Karen – BookerTalk
- Cathy – 746 Books
- Amy – A.M. Pine – Hearth Ridge Reflections
Of course, there are many more wonderful blogs and bloggers that I know who are creative, positive, inspiring and spread sunshine to the blogging community, but unfortunately I was only allowed to nominate 11. So I’m sorry if you don’t see your name here. On the other hand, if you see your name and don’t want to take part, please don’t feel any pressure to do it – I just wanted to take this opportunity to let you know how great I think you are.
Finally, here are my 11 questions:
- What is your favourite childhood book?
- Who is your book crush?
- What is your favourite book cover?
- What is the most inspiring book you have read?
- Who is the character you most ‘love-to-hate’?
- What is your favourite adaptation of a book?
- How many books do you have on your ‘to-be-read’?
- What bookish setting would you like to visit?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What is your favourite book series?
- What has been the best book you have read so far this year?
Now over to you: What do you think of my answers? If I’ve nominated you and you take part please leave a link to your post in the comments below. If I haven’t nominated you, but you would still like to have a go at my questions, then please feel free to leave your answers in the comments too.